Get your url shortener just in one click

Matt Demon | What We Do Matters |

 It is such an honor to be part of your day. It’s an honor to be here with you, withyour friends, your professors and your parents. But let’s be honest this is an honor I didn’treally earn.
 I’m just going to put that out there.

 I mean, I’ve seen the list of previous commencementspeakers, Nobel Prize winners, the U.N. secretary general, president of the World Bank, presidentof the United States — and who did you get? The guy who did the voice for a cartoon horse.

 If you’re wondering which cartoon horse,that’s Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron, a movie some of you might have grown up watching. It’s definitely one of my best performancesas a cartoon horse. Well, look, I don’t even have a collegedegree.

 As you might have heard I went to Harvard,I just didn’t graduate from Harvard. I got pretty close but I started to get movieroles and I didn’t finish all my courses.

But I put on a cap and gown and I walked  Neil deGrasse Tyson of the Hayden Planetarium. And by and large the panel couldn’t andwouldn’t give a definitive answer.

 Tyson himself put the odds at 50:50. And I’m not sure how scientific that wasbut it had numbers in it, so I was impressed. But it got me to thinking. What if this, all of this is a simulation.

 I mean it’s a crazy idea but what if itis. And if there are multiple simulations, howcome we have to be in the one where Donald Trump becomes the Republican nominee for president? Can we like transfer to a different one? Well, Professor Tegmark has an excellent takeon all of this.

 My advice, he said recently, is to go outand do really interesting things, so the simulators don’t shut you down. 
Share:

Sample Text

Copyright © All LinkShortener | Powered by Blogger Design by ronangelo | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com | Free Blogger Templates